Monday, February 20, 2012

Beneficial Blogs and Resourceful RSS Feeds

One helpful blog I stumbled upon through research for this week's assignment was the "Topics in Early Childhood Education" blog through Blogspot; this blog posts articles that provide a broader view of the many pressing topics in Early Childhood Education. Topics as broad as the core standards and how to work those into lesson plans and use them in a way that is the most beneficial for our students and as narrow as various lesson plans such as this one on things to do with the fall season. For me as a teacher, this blog is helpful because it provides me with a broader sense of things within the classroom and gives me ideas of things to bring in to help with development.

A RSS feed I found that proved helpful to me was the A to Z Teacher Stuff Lesson Plans feed; this is because it is easy to see a few possibilities on my feed rather than go searching for new ideas every other week or so. Another great thing about this website is it sorts the lesson plans by grade level and subject so if I do have time to go to the actual website it is still fairly easy to find what I am looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment